- CareerLINK (BeachLink) Job Boards: CareerLINK (BeachLink) provides users with the ability to search and apply for full-time and part-time
jobs, internships and on-campus recruitment opportunities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Internships: The Internship Program coordinated by the Career Development Center provides CSULB students with opportunities
to gain valuable work experience in their intended fields before graduation.
- On-Campus Interviews: If you are seeking full-time, professional employment, OCI is a practical program
that brings prospective employers to the Career Development Center to interview and hire graduating CSULB students and alumni.
- Job Fair: A job fair provides an opportunity for students to meet with a large number of employers, in one setting, who are
specifically seeking CSULB students for the purpose of employment.
- Employer Information Sessions: An Information Session is a presentation given by an employer
to provide you with details about the various career paths and benefits offered by their company
- Job Search Resources: Job boards by academic training, geographical location and for diverse populations.
Also includes links to other CSULB employment sites.
- Job Hunting Suggestions: Guides and information on job search techniques, informational interviewing, networking and tapping
the hidden job market.
- Resume & Cover Letters: Your resume should always be accompanied by a cover letter. This letter
is an introduction of your resume to a prospective employer.
- Interviewing for the Job: The interview is an opportunity to present yourself and your skills to your best advantage. You have something to sell and it is up to you to convince the interviewer that you have what the company is seeking.
- Salary & Job Offer Negotiation: If you've just been offered your first professional job in
the real world you may breathe a sigh of relief. The search is over! But, unfortunately it's not. In some ways the real work of deciding whether this job is the right one for you is just about to begin.